Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Of Faces And Places

Places that i never again may see
That only lives nowadays in my memory
Clara the old hill that ever looks down
On the green countryside and streets of Millstreet Town

Memories are all i have left to enjoy
Of where i grew to love Nature when i was a boy
Where the love for things natural in me did grow
Yet of Nature's ways little i can claim to know

Only the memories in me does last
Of people i looked on as friends in the past
Some of them ageing near home and some ageing from home far away
And where the deceased are some of them does lay

Memories of Claraghatlea west of Millstreet
And the old rushy fields where the waterways meet
Where from the high ground the Claramore rill
Flows on towards the river it's tongue never still

It was my yearn for adventure that lured me far south
Of the fields of the rook and waterways of the brown trout
And only the memories with me now remain
Of faces and places i may not see again.

No comments:

Post a Comment