Friday, March 22, 2019

Of Many A Boggeragh Hill

I have written of many a Boggeragh Hill
And of many a babbling river and rill
Of this southern Country in distance far away
Where i would be a stranger to many today

I only have memories left to enjoy
Of bright Summer evenings in green Lisnaboy
And the freshly mowed meadows scenting sweetly of hay
Old memories of what was with me does stay

Many years ago when my hair was dark brown
The people i knew in and near Millstreet Town
I often does wonder where they now might be
Perhaps some of them i may never more see

We all have our journeys in life for to take
And the different choices we do choose to make
Of the fields of the badger and waterways of the brown trout
My journey in life it has brought me far south

In memory we are only linked to the past
And few things in life ever does seem to last
Today i would be a stranger to many in and near Millstreet Town
Where i used to live when my hair was dark brown

No comments:

Post a Comment