Friday, October 2, 2020

Far South Of Claraghatlea

 Far south of Claraghatlea west of Millstreet Town 
The roadways of life i have been up and down
Like many other migrants from my birthplace ageing far
From where i live today i could not reach Duhallow by car
On my flights of fancy i often visit Millstreet
And walk in the fields to where the waterways meet
When the hawthorns are cloaked in their white blooms of the May
The beautiful memories are with me today
Though we all have our own dreams for to pursue
It is said we receive from life what is only our due
Though i know many good people who work hard for their pay
And material success from them seems far away
Far south of Claraghatlea where my life's journey began
I may be one more migrant to live out my time span.

No comments:

Post a Comment