Saturday, October 17, 2020

I Too Might Feel The Same

 One ought not to envy the wealthy and widely known
Since these people never have lives of their own
And for their swollen egos one them hardly can blame
If i were one of them i too might feel the same
The admiration of the impressionable would perhaps go to my head
In the egotistical mind humility is dead
I feel lucky in ways for to pen doggerel
Were i a celebrated writer perhaps my ego would swell
And feelings of self importance should not hold much appeal
At least not to me of this only say how i feel
Leave them have their money and leave them have their fame
I would rather live as a not well known name
Than live my life as one of the narcissistic kind
Since the admiration of others can crowd humility from the mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment