Tuesday, October 30, 2018

A Long Way From

A long way from my first home near Millstreet Town
Where I used to live when my hair was dark brown
Long before the years left me balding and gray
There I would be a stranger to many today

Where I grew to love Nature when I was a boy
And learning about her today I enjoy
In this often sunny place in distance far south
Of the fields of the badger and waterways of the brown trout

I see emus and kangaroos almost every day
In Tower Hill from where I live not far away
A thirty five minutes walk or five minutes by car
From where I live amazing wildlife to see not far

A thing of great beauty not to far to go for to see
A koala on branch of a manna gum tree
An echidna burrowing for insects in the ground
It does know where ants does live and are to be found

In distance thousands of kilometres away
From where I first looked on the bright lamp of day
Of Nature every day I am learning something new
Her lessons are many and her wonders not few.

No comments:

Post a Comment