Wednesday, October 31, 2018

I Hope To Be Doing It

One the literary critics do not know of for to dismiss as not good enough
Even the best of my rhymes seems quite simple and rough
In the early twenty first century for to make the literary grade
The standards nowadays quite high in the wordsmith trade
I loved reading rhymes when I was a boy
And writing them nowadays a thing I enjoy
As a rhymer as such not to the literary fore
It is something I love doing and little else more
I never refer to myself as a poet
Such a title I leave to those who feel worthy of literary note
As a rhymer as such not seen as worthy of fame
Mine will never become a known literary name
But to those who advise me for to give rhyming away
I tell them I hope to be doing it until my last night and day.

No comments:

Post a Comment