Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Gray Crowned Babblers

Gray crowned babblers are birds I do not often see
Since they live in the treed countryside a few hours by car from me
Grey breast and head and overall mostly brown
I have never seen them in a park of a town
On a tree in an untidy domed nest of sticks lined with grass and wool the female bird lay
Two to six brownish eggs and as a group from their territory they chase other birds away
Known as babblers because they sing together a babbling sort of a song
Birds from once heard and once seen one never again should get wrong
Quite different to most birds is how they seem to be
Not that long ago in Halls Gap a flock of them I did see
Since they are mostly rural birds they are not widely known
But one can say of them they have ways of their own
Birds I know of but do not see every day
Since they live in the treed countryside from where I live far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment