Wednesday, October 31, 2018

A Song Thrush Sing Again

In my memory they sing in the woods to me near
The beautiful songs of the song thrushes so pleasant to hear
Brown spotted gray breast, brown on wings, back, head and tail
Once seen and once heard to recognize them again you won't fail
Song thrushes are shy birds with ways of their own
And blackbirds for some reason than them better known
But song thrushes they do have a beautiful song
And among Nature's finest minstrels they surely belong
From my memories of Spring in leafy groves far away
The songs of the song thrushes I remember today
A beautiful sound of the northern Spring
The great gift of memory is a wonderful thing
A memory of the past that today I retain
And in fancy I hear a song thrush sing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment