Monday, October 29, 2018

Kate And Lee

Kate Ballan often complains about her husband Lee
She says he speaks nicer to our terrier Mag than he speaks to me
When I ask him to do something for me about it he complain
Why some men grow grumpier with age beyond me to explain

Nowadays he never addresses me as honey, love or dear
Though we will be fifty years married in November of this year
With eight great grandchildren our marriage as such survive
Though any semblance of love between us is not alive

But Lee with her opinions on him does not agree
He says for too many years she has been bossing me
She is growing old as a nagger of her I can say
There is not any love left between us today

Our terrier Mag feel respect is my due
Than Kate ever was to me she is more true
For respect and admiration and love on her I can depend
Until death does us part she will be my greatest friend

That few marriages last a lifetime cannot be denied
Though living under the one roof love between Kate and Lee long since has died
He loves our terrier Mag than he loves me she does complain
But the reason for this he does explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment