Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Apart From Them

Apart from them I have seemed for to grow
Gone from my life the friends I used to know
Were I to meet them today things between us would not be the same
Absence for this perhaps would be to blame

I have not seen them for so many years
And I have shed all of my nostalgic tears
We have moved on in life gone our separate way
And to them I may well be a stranger today

My journey in life has brought me far south
Of the fields of the badger and waterways of the brown trout
Some of my friends of the past like me went to live elsewhere
For to seek new adventures in the big World out there

Some of them live in or near their first homes today
And some of them where the deceased are does lay
I knew them as friends in my physical prime
But absence makes people strangers over decades of time

Though good memories of them with me does remain
The friends of my younger years I may not meet again
And if I did things between us may not be the same
For this absence it well may be for to blame.

No comments:

Post a Comment