Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Of Anything In Life

Of anything in life that I have done
Cannot say that my late mum and dad would have been proud to call me son
Only know that big brother's disciples my sort does not impress
In their eyes I am a failure due to my lack of material success

Of life's material opportunities I did not avail
And in the eyes of many I am one who did fail
But in my early seventies I will not be shedding tears
For my life's missed material opportunities and my materially wasted years

I discovered in my late twenties in my physical prime
That I was one born into life to write rhyme
And rhyme was once a popular form of writing but not anymore
In the twenty first century rhymers are not to the literary fore

And since for it I never receive any money in pay
I have been advised by some to give rhyming away
But for their unsolicited advice to them I do say
I will retire from rhyming on my life's final day

No comments:

Post a Comment