Monday, October 29, 2018

Summer In Lisnaboy

Good old memories to me remain a source of joy
Of Summer on the farm of Aunt Mary and Uncle Dan in Lisnaboy
This is going back the years some six decades ago
Long before time it did become my foe

In the sunlit meadows the sweet scent of hay
After all of those years remains with me today
Young birds chirping in and out of the hedgerows did fly
On a balmy and beautiful day in July

Summer in Lisnaboy full of great memories
The pleasant low droning sounds of the wild brown honey bees
Gathering nectar in the lush green fields from the wildering flowers
That were brought to bloom by recent mild Summer showers

In the cemetery in Cullen Dan and Mary does lay
And Lisnaboy from me in distance far away
And only the memories now does remain
Of beauty I have known of but will not know again.

No comments:

Post a Comment