Monday, December 31, 2018

I Feel Lucky

I feel lucky in the scenic places to i have been
And the beauty in my travels that i have seen
And the people i have met that i write of in rhyme
Something i have been doing over decade of time
I cannot say i have been there and done that
Though i have  worked on pipelines in and near Ballarat
And in cold and damp weather in the wintery chill
I have felled tall pine trees by Mushera hill
I have worked on e p v vehicles trimming over powerlines dangerous trees
And on building sites in temperatures of close to forty degrees
As a migrant worker in this Land of the south
Though these are things scarcely worth talking about
But i feel lucky in the good people i have met and the memorable places to i have been
And the natural beauty in my travels i have seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment