Friday, December 21, 2018

My Journey Out Of Millstreet

My journey in life led me from Millstreet Town
But not on the roadway to wealth and renown
If i ever return to there in truth to anyone i cannot tell
That in life i have done financially well
Telling people i have written thousands of rhymes to nothing of significance to would amount
Since the most of people are only impressed by the amount of cash you have in your bank account
But having this said Worldwide most people are the same
In that they only link money to success and fame
Of the fields of the badger and waterways of the brown trout
My journey out of Millstreet has brought me far south
To the home of echidna, koala and gray kangaroo
And long billed corella and crimson rosella and white and black cockatoo
But to anyone i know in Duhallow today i could not talk about
Of how i made lots of money in this Land of the south.

No comments:

Post a Comment