Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Where I Lived In The Past

Perhaps i may never more see Millstreet Town
And on once familiar sidewalks walk up and down
And only the memories with me now remain
Of what used to be but will not be again

I did leave Duhallow but Duhallow did not leave me
Familiar faces from the past in my dreams i does see
And though people show their age and young does not stay
In my memory they remain young they have not aged a day

Though for the what used to be i have shed last tears
And i have not seen the Boggeragh Ranges for thirty two years
But if i did tell you different it would be a lie
Duhallow will be in me until the day i do die

I often think of Claraghatlea near the Town of Millstreet
And the green rushy fields where the waterways meet
Though far north of here and thousands of kilometres away
It was there i first looked on the bright lamp of day

A migrant in this place by the southern shore
Far south of the high fields of green Claramore
Only fading memories in me now does last
Of a far away place where i lived in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment