Sunday, September 8, 2019

Lacking In The Inner Glow

Her quite pretty face could have done with a smile
Though obviously she is one who is free of guile
The young woman who served me at the superstore today
One can say she did treat me in an unbusinesslike way

An attractive looking woman in her early twenties with blond wavy hair
Who did seem to me as one burdened by care
One who seemed rather sullen as opposed to shy
She did not greet me with a smiling hello or a farewell goodbye

She was not one who brought any joy to my day
In life you cannot win them all as the wise one does say
But it is true that we all do have cares of our own
And who knows of a setback in her love life of late she may have known

The seeds of joy by her sort are never sown
Yet it can be said of her that her moods she does own
Perhaps what is going on in her mind in her features does show
And today she was lacking in the inner glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment