Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Not One Of The Bright Boys

Not one of the bright boys of the primary school
Where I often did sit on the dunce's stool
And at the Parish's most popular game of Gaelic Football
I have to admit I was of no use at all

Materially unsuccessful back then as I remain so today
Though lack of money does not bother me in truth I can say
Nowadays it is not a nice Human World to live in
Where so many must lose for a few for to win

In life like so  many some tough times I had to survive
But in my early seventies I feel glad to be alive
With all other living human beings I share something greater than any form of success
And this is life the greatest gift that anyone does possess

Physically I have known of far better days
And I treat as the same criticism and praise
To live for as long as I can live the best in life I can do
And I feel happy to be in good health at seventy two.

No comments:

Post a Comment