Saturday, September 21, 2019

Where I Used To Live

Where I used to live when my hair was dark brown
Today I would be a stranger to many near and in Millstreet Town
I have not been there for some thirty three years
And for what used to be I have shed  my last tears
And only the memories with me now remain
Of old Clara half cloaked in the grey fogs of rain
And even my friends of the past who in Millstreet did stay
May now look on me as a once friend today
We become part of our life's experiences as most would agree
And all we have are the memories of the what used to be
Time does not wait for anyone and it did not wait for me
Though of Duhallow I retain many a good memory
Of my first homeplace in Millstreet I am one of the long gone
But today life there without me as usual goes on.



No comments:

Post a Comment