Monday, March 15, 2021

Perhaps

 Perhaps i may never more see Millstreet Town
Or again on familiar streets to me walk up and down
A town i was well known in many years ago
Long before time it did become my foe

Where to many of the locals i was well known
Most today there would not recognize me as one of their own
It has been thirty four years since i lived near the Town of Millstreet
And i may never again walk in the fields to where the waterways meet

Perhaps i will never again climb Clara's Hill
Or hear the babble of the Claramore Rill
In Claraghatlea fields winding it's way
To the rivers to the Atlantic Ocean flowing night and day

Perhaps i will never walk in the old fields again
And only the memories with me now remain
Of the what was in the what used to be
Only the memories are living in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment