Tuesday, June 18, 2019

I Leave It To Others

In a Human World where many crave wealth, success and fame
I for one criticism and praise does treat as the same
Wealth and fame are things i no longer pursue
To my higher self i try to live as true
There is far more to life than living for me, myself and i
That kindness begets kindness is not based on a lie
It is okay with me if others their own praises do love to sing
Suppose recognition in this way on themselves they do bring
And though the saying of self praise is no praise remains relevant today
It is each to their own seems true for to say
Since they have their opinions and this suits me fine
What others think of me is no business of mine
I live in my own way and do my own thing
And i leave it to others their own praises to sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment