Tuesday, June 4, 2019

On Ireland

In the Country i first looked on the lamp of day
The wild birds are singing in the dawning gray
And the hawthorns are cloaked in their white blossoms of May
From where i now live in distance far away

Ireland i see your beauty in my dreams
And i hear the babble of your silver tongued streams
From the foothills flowing as they will forever more
To the rivers that flow to the Atlantic shore

Ireland your old fields will ever be green
And in early Spring wildflowers will bloom on the ditch of your every bohreen
Though natural beauty in many places i have been
I often visualize the beauty in you i have seen

Ireland i grew to love you as a boy
Your natural beauty brought me hours of joy
And though far from you my last remains may lay
I do think of you a few times every day

Far from the fields of the badger and waterways of the brown trout
I am growing old in this beautiful Land of the south
In the Country of the emu, koala and roo
Ireland every day i do think of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment