Saturday, June 1, 2019

Where I Now Live To Many

Where i now live to many i am a bloke from far away
And i would be a stranger to most in my old hometown today
Yet home is where we live now to say only true
But where home is to me may be different to where home is to you
Some people in their first home-place their lifetime do stay
And near their first hometown or first home-place their last remains will lay
And some do migrate to towns and cities elsewhere
Far from their birthplace in the big World out there
I have not seen my first hometown or first homeplace for many years
And for what used to be i have shed my last tears
The past over time fades in memory
Though sometimes i think of the what used to be
A stranger where i live and today in my first home-place
To many mine it would be a stranger's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment