Thursday, June 6, 2019

Tired Of The

Tired of life's battle and feeling down
And tired of writing rhymes about Millstreet Town
Only of Nature i never feel tired
She is the one i have always admired

Tired of the people who for attention compete
Everyday when i am walking the street
Their sort i somehow do happen to meet
Two of the human flaws are pride and conceit

Where money and success are mostly talked about
Of such conversations i always opt out
Such things that do not give rise to human equality
My thinking on human life leads to my mental poverty
Tired of those who like to boast of their success
I for one their sort always fail to impress
Sadly the humble and unassuming are rare
In a Human World where so many want to be a billionaire

Without ambition i struggle to survive
My fear of death only keeps me alive
I have grown tired of most everything
It is only the praises of Nature i now love to sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment