Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Far South Of Claghatlea

Far south of Claraghatlea west of Millstreet Town
Where old Clara Mountain forever looks down
On Duhallow and Sliabh Luachra's green countryside
Of the Cork Kerry border that stretch far and wide

So many poems, songs, rhymes and stories have been written about
The fields of the badger and waterways of the brown trout
In north Cork swollen by streams and rivers that into it does flow
The mighty Blackwater to a huge waterway grow

Where I grew to love Nature as a young boy
And learning of her ways today I enjoy
Far south of where I went to primary school
In the coastal countryside of the Moyne Shire close to Warrnambool

Home to emu, koala, long billed corella and yellow tailed black cockatoo
And wallaby. possum and gray kangaroo
Crimson rosellas and galahs in light pink and gray
Such beautiful birds I does see every day

Far south of the fields near the Town of Millstreet
And the green countryside where the waterways  meet
In the home of the magpie and pee wee and the pale eyed crow
Of Nature's ways I am learning and my wonder of her does grow

No comments:

Post a Comment