Tuesday, August 20, 2019

I Did Know Her Briefly

I did know her briefly a long time ago
For a brief span of time for three months or so
I did love her back then but she did not love me
There are things in our lives that are not meant to be

She even took me to meet her mum and dad
Which to say the least for me did turn out bad
They did look on me as quite ordinary and rough
And for their lovely daughter not nearly good enough

She ended our relationship quite suddenly
Which at the time was sad and so disappointing for me
But time is the healer in life we move on
And we only have memories of times in the long gone

A few years ago i see her age on her does show
She was not the rare beauty that i once used to know
I said hello to her in passing on the street
But to her i was a stranger she did not wish to meet

In her younger years she bloomed like a rose
But she has lost some petals this is life one must suppose
I loved her for awhile in the distant past
A love in my mind that has failed to last.

No comments:

Post a Comment