Tuesday, September 21, 2021

It Was My Yearn For Adventure

It was my yearn for adventure that brought me far south
Of the fields of the rooks and waterways of the brown trout
That absence makes the heart grow fonder with me not this way
In Millstreet i would be a stranger to many today
Time that ages all life has become my foe
I last looked on the Boggeraghs thirty four years ago
The children who were born into life back then
Nowadays are middle aged women and men
Since time brings with it changes in truth one can say
The Duhallow i knew to me would look different today
And to most Duhallow people i would be one from elsewhere
A time worn stranger from the World out there
In this southern place the years are showing on me
And i only have memories of the what used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment