Saturday, April 21, 2018

For My Lack Of Material Success

For my lack of material success i only have myself to blame
Though i never yearn for wealth and for fame
Just one of the literary never do well
Like every old scribbler who pens doggerel

I must be addicted to doggerel is all i can say
Today for me another rhyming day
The rhymes come to me in notebook i pen them down
But never for money or literary renown

But never any shortage of material for to write rhymes about
In this vast and amazing Land of the south
And new things for me to write rhymes of every day
With rhyming words i am one who loves to play

Here in the home of emu, koala, echidna and gray kangaroo
And white long billed corella and yellow tailed black cockatoo
Of Nature i am learning new things every day
We never stop learning seems true for to say

I never refer to myself  as a poet
Nor am i one worthy of literary note
One might say a literary never do well
Who has written a whole heap of rhyme doggerel.

No comments:

Post a Comment