Saturday, April 28, 2018

Why Ask Me

Why ask me who is or who is not a poet
Or who should be called worthy of literary note
I am not a literary critics or one with literary degrees
And as is said of knowledge it does not grow on trees
On who or who is not a poet i leave it to those who are paid to decide
Since on their knowledge of and understanding of poetry they do take great pride
As literary critics they draw a good pay
On who is or is not a poet i leave it to them for to say
On who is or is not a poet why do you ask me
Since i am not a bloke with a literary degree
There are many forms of poetry as all know too well
From blank verse and lyric and many others to lowly doggerel
Why ask me who or who is not a poet since it is not for me for to say
I leave it to the literary critics to decide since for doing it they draw a good pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment