Saturday, October 19, 2019

She Is One Of Those People

She said to me you have written a lot of rhymes though you do not write well
You are just one of many who writes doggerel
Not one to mull over what she has to say
And meeting her did not bring joy to my day
At least I did not have to pay her any money for her unsolicited for advice
Though on hurt feelings there is a mental price
At times the truth can be hurtful and can cause offense
But than bearing a grudge I am one with more sense
A local literary critic with literary uni degrees
Such certificates as is do not grow on trees
But even some well educated people with their words not always tactful with her it is this way
But trading insults is a mind game that I do not play
Though well educated with her words not discreet
She is one of those people I would rather not meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment