Monday, April 11, 2022

I Just Wish To Live

I just wish to live for as long as i can live and die without pain as a very old man
Since the longest lived human life in real time is not a long span
And since i do not have a god to kneel to for to pray
I hope that i will not die for many a day
Though i am many Seasons past my physical prime
And i am one who has become a victim of time
I feel grateful to wake to greet every new day i live to see
And hear the birds singing and chirping on every nearby bush and tree
As the greatest gift we possess life is such a wonderful thing
And of it's praises i always feel happy to sing
Without life in me this rhyme i could not write
For to post to an internet literary site
Life is the greatest gift anyone does possess
Far greater than any other form of success.

No comments:

Post a Comment