Sunday, April 24, 2022

Millstreet Has Not Left Me

It is said our life's journeys are part of our life's destiny
Though many with this do choose to disagree
The bigger World out there i went for to see
And i thought i had left Millstreet but Millstreet has not left me

The mental images of what was today i retain
Of faces and places i may not see again
Though i may never more see a Duhallow sunrise
The past comes to me when i visualize

On Duhallow and Sliabh Luachra and the countryside bordering Millstreet Town
Old Clara with the bracken face as ever looks down
And in fancy i walk in the fields to where the waterways meet
A few kilometres west of the Town of Millstreet

Just like the words of an old memorable song
Wherever you go to your past with you goes along
In every migrant from their first home living far away
Memories of the what was are in them today

Since i left Duhallow many Seasons ago
Time that ages all life has become my foe
I thought i had left Millstreet but Millstreet has not left me
I retain the mental images of the what used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment