Friday, April 15, 2022

I Want To Live On

Three score and ten years the average lifetime span
I am five years with that which makes me an old man
But i am feeling healthy and have no wish to die
If i did tell you differently this would be a lie

I cannot boast of material success
And others i feel no desire to impress
Being looked on as a failure does not cause me any mental duress
Since i have the greatest gift anyone does possess

And this is life the greatest gift of all
That came to us in our mother's womb before we learned how to crawl
A gift with money that cannot be bought 
And eventually will be lost to everyone though hard to keep it many have fought

And if there is an afterlife for the soul i will not be where angels dwell
Since in my Earthly life i was not devout or done financially well
And i wasted my time on penning doggerel
My forever home will be a place known as hell

What i receive from life is my due i suppose
And like most with few friends i do not have many foes
My best physical years in the forever gone
But i do love life and i want to live on.

No comments:

Post a Comment