Thursday, December 19, 2019

I Can Only Visualize

I can only visualize where i lived when my hair was dark brown
Where old Clara Mountain as ever looks down
On the green  green countryside where the waterways meet
Just west of the Duhallow Town of Millstreet

It was my yearn ffor adventure that lured me far south
Of the fields of the badger and waterways of the brown trout
In the townland of birth just one more who did not stay
And where i would be a stranger to many today

I went to see life in the big World out there
Just one more from Claraghatlea for to grow old elsewhere
Millstreet Town and Claraghatlea and old Clara i have not seen for years
Though for the what used to be i have shed my last tears

Far south of where i grew to love Nature as a young boy
Learning of her ways today i enjoy
Where the weather is never too warm or too cool
In the undulating coastal countryside near Warrnambool.

No comments:

Post a Comment