Thursday, January 28, 2021

I Return To Millstreet

 So far south of Duhallow's old Millstreet Town
The roadways of life i have been up and down
To me many Seasons have come and have gone
And the clock on my life ever keeps ticking on
It was love of  adventure that took me away
From the place where i first saw light of day
Claraghatlea in view of Clara's ancient Hill
Just a few minutes walk to the Claramore rill
With a babbling tongue that is never still
To join the sea going rivers flowing on with a will

Today in the Parish and Town of Millstreet
I would be a stranger there to many i would meet
Since i have not been to there for many years
Though for the what used to be i have shed my last tears
We all have our memories of the what used to be
In this respect every other migrant no different to me
But we all have our mental images i have come to realize
And i return to Millstreet when i visualize.

No comments:

Post a Comment