Thursday, February 27, 2020

Ageing Among Old Friends

In my visualizations from here i am far away
Ageing among old friends in Millstreet today
And whenever i meet them we talk of the past
And our more mobile years in a youth that did not last

In our lives the happiest memories of all
Our social bonding formed in our many games of football
Though many decades past our physical prime
How nice in memory for to go back in time

On Spring evenings near the Town of Millstreet
Walking through the field to where the waterways meet
The past may be in the long gone but the memories remain
In visualizations for to visit again

Though nostalgia for what was in me has long died
I often do think of my first home countryside
And old memories remain as a source of joy
Of where i grew to love Nature when i was a boy

And since in distance they are ageing far north of me 
My friends of the past i may never more see
But i do meet them often when i visualize
And our talks to old memories always give rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment