Thursday, February 6, 2020

Why Tell Me

Why tell me of your great successes and your uni degrees
Though such things do not grow on bushes and trees
Success stories like yours i hear of every day
And your story of similar stories another replay
Of people who like to brag of their every recent success
They have this need in them others for to impress
And though in their lives i can only wish them well
I wish of their unsolicited for recent success stories to me they did not tell
I do not look on such people as friend or foe
And you may say of them on their successes i feel jealous this well may be so
Though that they have lots of admirers in life is their thing
They should leave it to others their praises to sing
Though they do not impress me must seem obviously clear
Of such stories like your's of so often i hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment