Thursday, February 6, 2020

I Have Not Been In Millstreet

I have not been in Millstreet for three with three decades of years
And for there i have shed my last nostalgic tears
For people i knew and may not see again
And only the memories of them with me now remain

I visualize them now as they were back then
Back in the mid eighties as young women and men
But with anybody youth does not stay
And they would be showing the wear of time today

To my better years i must go back in time
And i only have memories of my physical prime
But going back the years this now seems long ago
And time that ages all life has become my foe

But in my visualizations time seems to stand still
Of the green countryside in view of Clara's Hill
And of the old fields where i grew to love Nature when i was a boy
And learning of her ways today i enjoy

Far south of where my journey in life began
In Claraghatlea where i grew into a man
Time has eventually caught up on me
And i only have memories of what used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment