Saturday, July 10, 2021

At Lady Bay

As i sat writing in a notebook on a park bench at Lady Bay
In the Winter sunshine of a July day
A young woman in passing stopped to me to say
Often see you here writing on passing this way

My curiosity she said has got the better of me
On what you have been writing do you mind if i see
As i am a writer of short stories myself and of published had a few
And on looking at what you write about i might learn something new

I gave her my notebook a few of my rhymes to read
She read a few and said this is not bad stuff quite readable indeed
You are the first rhyming buff i have met for a while
Now you kleep on rhyming she said with a smile

A pleasant Winter day in July of around fifteen degrees
As she went on her way her brown hair tossed in the breeze
Of her positive words i can only say
That meeting her did bring some joy to my day

No comments:

Post a Comment