Wednesday, December 29, 2021

From Millstreet

From Millstreet i have been quite a long time away
And my erstwhile friends there may not need me as their friend today
I socialized with them played games of football
But since many a Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall

I may have left Millstreet but Millstreet did not leave me
On my flights of fancy i often does see
Old Clara half cloaked in the gray fogs of rain
In the mind of the migrant the mental images of the past remain

With the silver tongue that is never still
The low babbling sound of the Claramore Rill
Flowing onwards in Claraghatlea forever more
At the start of it's journey to the Atlantic shore

Where i grew to love Nature as a young boy
And learning of her ways today i enjoy
In this often sunny place in this Land far south
Of the fields of the badger and waterways of the brown trout

My best days are in the long forever gone
And the clock on my life ever keeps ticking on
And of the old fields i loved only memories i retain
Though in fancy i often walk on them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment