Thursday, December 9, 2021

It Has Become Obvious To Me

It has become obvious to me that in the Parish and the Town of Millstreet
That i would not be made feel welcome there by everyone i would meet
Perhaps today than there  i may even feel more at home
In Melbourne, Paris, London, or New York or Rome

Though of passion on some subjects i do not go in lack
On anyone i never make a personal written or verbal attack
I have never been offensive to any private citizen in word or in rhyme
And i am one who has written a lot since my physical prime

In rhyme i am one who likes to have my say
But never in a personal or  an offensive way
In life some people choose you as their enemy
If on all of their values with them you do not agree

I will always love Millstreet but some people in Millstreet do not love me
And it saddens me to think that this has to be
Since personally any of them i never criticize
But then not everybody does love you one comes to realize

The closing of the Millstreet Town Park for coursing in December has caused a community divide
Such issues though not as similar cause divisions in towns Worldwide
Some people tend to get nasty if they do not get their way
That extremism has many faces to it only true to say

Since some hostility there i fear i may meet
I will not be in a hurry to return to Millstreet
In the Land of the marsupials i feel happy to stay
From my first homeplace in Duhallow in distance far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment