Friday, December 24, 2021

The Beauty Of December

I have never laid claim to the title of poet
Nor do i feel worthy of any literary note
I am one of those who write rhymes every day
Just for the love of doing it in truth i can say  

In the sunny mostly blue sky just a few clouds of gray
How nice to be outdoors on such a beautiful day
The young birds are chirping on the bushes and trees
And the warbling of the magpies carrying in the gentle breeze

That comes from the Pacific up from the saltwater bay
To describe such beauty the words not in me to say
The paddocks resplendent in Nature's flowers
That came into bloom in the late November showers

Were i born a poet i would write about
The beauty of December in this Land of the south
In weather mostly sunny and pleasant of around twenty degrees
When the warm air is full of the buzzing of bush flies and bees

And since a rhymer at best is the best i can be
I can only admire Nature's beauty around me
Every day the rhymes do come to me and in notebook i write them down
But never for money or literary renown.

No comments:

Post a Comment