Sunday, October 31, 2021

Do Not Ask Me

Do not ask me who is or is not a poet
Or who should or not be seen as worthy of literary note
My words do not hold any weight i have come to realize
And it is not for me to say who should be short listed for any literary prize
So many writers compete for literary renown
For to be known and famous far beyond their hometown
But what we wish for in life seldom becomes our due
And for most writers their dreams do seldom come true
Literary critics are well paid for to criticize
And their favourable comments have helped many a writer from obscurity to rise
For to scale the heights of literary fame
And for themselves make a great literary name
And since for my opinions i never receive any pay
Who is or is not a good writer is not for me to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment