Thursday, February 18, 2021

It Was My Love Of Rhyme

 I have been penning doggerel for quite a long time
And there is truth in anybody can write rhyme
But it is not saying anything that is new
That rhymers are many and poets are few

I have been advised more than once to give rhyming away
But to such advice any heed i never pay
I hope to be rhyming on my last living day
It is each to their own as the wise one does say

As a young man i used to daydream of becoming a poet
A person well worthy of literary note
But daydreams for many do never come true
And what i receive from life is only my due

I have a few friends as well as a few foes
Life works in this way one does have to suppose
I used to love reading rhymes when i was a boy
And writing them nowadays i thoroughly enjoy

It was my love of rhyme made a rhymer of me
It is something i have been doing since nineteen seventy three
My best days in life in the forever gone
But for as long as i can do i will keep rhyming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment