Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Since I Left Claraghatlea

 Since i left Claraghatlea near Millstreet Town it has been thirty four years
And for the what used to be i have shed my last tears
But the mental images i do retain 
Of the what used to be and will not be again

It has been many years since i climbed Clara's hill
Or heard the babble of the Claramore rill
Flowing on to the bigger rivers with a will
Every night and day it's tongue never still

On old streets i often did walk up and down
Today i would be a stranger to many in Millstreet Town
So many young locals of me would say
Who is this old stranger from far away

Since i left Claraghatlea where my life's journey began
Time it has left me an old balding grey haired man
My better days to the forever have gone
But only the love of life keeps me living on.

No comments:

Post a Comment