Sunday, February 14, 2021

Were I To Return

 Were i to return north today to near Millstreet Town
Where i used to live when my hair was dark brown
Perhaps a few  of  those who remember me there would say
So he has returned from that place far away

But we hear of in money he is in lack
A good reason for us not to welcome him back
And one without money in the World is without a friend
Hope he will not be asking us for a lend

But the old fields i loved would look much the same
I even used to know some of them by name
And Clara the old hill would not have aged in time
In the past it did often inspire me to rhyme

In visualizations i often do walk to where the waterways meet
In the green countryside near the Town of Millstreet
Just before sundown on an evening in May
Good memories die hard as the wise one does say

Without me the Finnow to the Blackwater flow
And in the flat damp fields the rank rushes grow
And as for people everywhere i find them much the same
The most of them daydream of wealth and of fame

If i ever return to near Millstreet Town
Where i used to live when my hair was dark brown
Some who knew of me today there would say
How come he is back from that place far away?

No comments:

Post a Comment