Saturday, May 15, 2021

It Is Not

 It is not for money or any sort of literary renown
That the rhymes that come to me in notebook i write down 
And post them online to a literary site
It is only for the enjoyment of doing it that rhymes i do write

The dunce of my classroom in the far away town
As a young man i daydreamed of literary renown
But wealth and fame in life was not to be my due
And daydreams as is said for few do come true

Though my worth as a rhymer i feel reason to doubt
No shortage of subject material for to write rhymes about
With rhyming words i am one who does just love to play
One reason that i do write rhymes every day

As a young man i hoped i would become a poet
But now i realize i am not one of literary note
I used to love reading rhymes as a young boy
And writing them nowadays is a thing i enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment