Sunday, June 20, 2021

One Of The Lucky

 In life i have been lucky at night i sleep in a comfortable bed
So many do sleep in the open or in a drafty old shed
I do not know what it feels like to be hungry in a World where some often do not eat every day
Though i may not be wealthy and famous life always does treat me okay
I could have been born to poverty stricken parents as many poor people are
No i have been one of the lucky though i have never owned a new car
In a Human World where many grow poorer for every new millionaire
I may not be a high achiever but i am not burdened by care
My worst day it is not a bad day i enjoy a good laugh or two
I feel happy with what i have got and with what i have got i make do
Not one seen to be successful though this does not bother me at all
I do not have financial problems and my biggest worry is small
So many as me not as privileged in a World where poverty is on the rise
That i am one of the lucky is something i do realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment