Thursday, June 4, 2020

On Little Ravens

Quite cautious of humans of them one can say
These dark feathered birds i does see every day
Known as little ravens some call them pale eyed crow 
They are rather clever this much of them i does know
I have seen them open rubbish bins for potato chips and scraps of fish and meat
And i have seen them dipping stale bread in water to soften to eat
If somebody told me of this i would say they were telling me lies
But believe me i have seen them do these things with my own eyes
On flat nest of sticks high on branch of tree
The female lay bluish pink spotted eggs of five four or three
Birds well known to many within their range
Who have not decreased in numbers despite human destruction of their habitat and Climate Change
In large or small flocks them one often does see
They are Nature's survivors as most would agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment