Tuesday, June 2, 2020

To Say The Least Tough

Her criticisms of my rhymes to say the least tough
She told me my rhyming efforts not near to good enough
That i ought to try harder though i do try my best
She is just one more with my rhymes that i have not impressed
Comments like her's does not bring joy to my day
But at least her sort helps to keep my ego at bay
And at least people like her help me to realize
That above the average at writing i never will rise
The truth can feel bitter in truth one can say
But despite this i will never give rhyming away
Those unkind in their criticisms of my rhymes may do well to note
That i never refer to myself as a poet
The truth can be ego deflating is how it seems to be
But worse things by some others have been said about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment