Sunday, December 27, 2020

Fond Memories Of What Was

 Today i would feel a stranger in Millstreet
In the green countryside where the waterways meet
And a stranger to many in old Millstreet Town
Near where i used to live when my hair was dark brown

When i was a young man many decades ago
Long before time it did become my foe
In the Millstreet area to many i was known
Where from a baby to a man i had grown

It has been thirty four years since i climbed Clara's Hill
Or heard the babble of the Claramore rill
With a silver tongue that is never still
To the bigger rivers flowing on with a will

To where my love for Nature as a boy did grow
In the fields of the rook and the badger and the silver back crow
I often return to when i visualize
Good old memories do linger i have come to realize

All migrants have their memories of for them what used to be
And today my memories of Millstreet are living in me
And though i may never climb on old Clara again
Fond memories of what was until death i will retain.

No comments:

Post a Comment